Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Intensity


Intensity
Originally uploaded by jstevewhite

I shot this image back in the 80's, when the Missouri Raptor Center ( I think it was the group ) would bring these big, beautiful birds out to the Renaissance festival to show all the wannabe falconers what their birds would have looked like back in the day.

I shot this image on Ektachrome. For you youngsters, that means FILM, and SLIDE FILM, to boot. I love my digital cameras, but there was a certain sense of accomplishment in being able to deliver consistently good exposures on slide film, which was unforgiving, at best.

I shot this with a Canon T90 and a Tamron SP 80-200 2.8. Manual focus, too, and the combo weighed as much as a Buick. I wish I still had that lens; it would work wonderfully on my Pentax K20D.

No comments:

Post a Comment